Location: Palmyra, New Jersey
Owner: Palmyra Board of Education
Architect: Garrison Architects, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania and Mount Laurel, New Jersey
General Contrator: Aliano Brothers General Contractors, Inc.
Square Footage: 12,000
Original Site: The original stadium built in 1936
Architectural Style: Traditional, to preserve the historical character of the original
Principal Construction Features: The restoration of an historic concrete construction, built by the WPA (Works Progress Administration) under President Franklin D, Roosevelt, after nearly 70 years’ neglect. The original locker-rooms and bathrooms beneath the stadium were completely renovated – bathrooms to meet ADA requirements.
Budget: $1.4 million
Outcome: A fully functioning stadium that stands once more as a monument to WPA and the restoration of the American spirit during the Great Depression